Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Water is cheap to waste? Show me the city foliage plan!

I can't stand Malaysia municipal councils ways of watering the green patch around the town/cities.

It make me angry when I saw clean water from the water tanker, splash into greenery that don't need to water. Or too much water flush from the host. And to some extreme extend, those municipal councils jokers WATERING TREE.

I say, what the hell, you don't water a tree once the it reach certain high, where its root system is deep enough to gather moisture deep from the soil.

In addition, greenery along the street must be well plan to minimize watering. It is waste of water and fuel to transport and water those foliage. I don't need an accurate calculation to learn that , Malaysia waste many millions just on the watering alone.

And don't get me to start about Kuala Lumpur city councils graft problem on the foliage, where tens of millions contracts are given out to put short-lived non-native plant around city for 'beautification" purpose.

Yes, Kuala Lumpur city and its city councils corruption are beyond the reach of Pakatan Rakyat reach, since it is directly under the control of federal territories department.

However, I can't see why PR state such as Selangor stop those money wasting greenery practice. Oh yeah, old habit die hard. Should we just wait for a direct municipal councils election to fix all this wastage?

Labels: , , ,